There's a cult following obsessed with Marian McEvoy's (aka Gust the Poodle) pressed flower compositions. We fell under its spell as well. This masterful and naive composition of pressed poppies is certain to pop anyone's day when they receive a note from you.
Personalize your note cards with your name and let your recipient know who you are with style.
Conversation Sparker: Pressed flower practice, called oshibana, dates back to 16th century Japan. In fact, samurai warriors were said to have created oshibana as one of their disciplines to promote patience, harmony with nature and powers of concentration. Through trade, the art form spread to Europe culminating in the height of popularity during the Victorian era. Princess Grace Kelly, a practitioner, promoted the artform worldwide.
have your name on the marquee!
Personalize your note cards by adding your name to the marquee as a gift to yourself, or for someone else. Adding your personalized name at the top of the marquee is always complimentary. Marian McEvoy's 'Pressed Poppies' features 2 images, exquisitely printed on cold-press watercolor paper made for The Punctilious Mr. P's Place Card Co.
Why a handwritten note card
A handwritten note is the fingerprint of a connection between two people. Like fingerprints, each note and sentiment is unique. This is why your choice of stationery holds significance. It's hard to clutch an email to one's heart, or pin your cell phone to your board and get lost in reverie. The handwritten note card tells someone special that you've taken the time to pen your thoughts to paper. Today, sending a handwritten note is more meaningful than ever.
- These are reproductions of Marian's much larger original works
- 8 note cards with 8 envelopes
- Featuring 2 images
- Titled Marquee: your name appears at the top center of the card
- Includes Mr. P's Correspondence Log to track each of your 8 note cards
- Includes a test card for your writing instrument
- Bound with a vellum belly band with Marian McEvoy's 10 point star sealing wafer on the front.
- Packaged in our signature anthemion card stock folio with Mr. P's gold stamped label. Marian McEvoy's 10 point star black wax seal on back, it is ready for gifting.
- Boxed to be gifted or simply open & use!
- 5.5" x 4.25"
ALL note cards are printed custom & bespoke to order. NO RETURNS unless in error by us. Please purchase accordingly.
- Made-by-hand in our workshop in Old Chatham, New York
- NO copper engraving plate needed!
- Personalize the marquee with your name— one pack at a time! For example: : Dorothy Denrich, is also known as Dot, Aunt Dodie, Mom and Nana depending upon who receives her card. Have fun with your name.
- Our note cards are like works of art meant to be saved, or framed to cherish.
Eco Features- Envelopes
- Recycled Content: 30%
- FSC Certified
- Green Seal Certified
- Green-e Certification
Did you know that you can now order any theme with Menu Cards and Buffet Tags to coordinate with your place cards!
How would you like to personalize your note card?