Wax seals add a nostalgic elegant touch to your letters and note cards. When you see a wax seal on your mail, you know something special's inside! Brighten someone's day with your handwritten note then seal it with Mr. P's wax seal and ripple forth the joy.
Mr. P is so delighted to present the 10 point star wax seal inspired by drawings, patterns and designs that Marian McEvoy incorporates into her works on paper. We immediately loved this hand drawn 10 point star because the number 10 is the number of destiny, of what is possible to create from your talents and gifts. It called to us when we had the privilege to visit Marian and explore her marvelous world. Marian's world is like nowhere else on earth!!
Wax seals have existed for millenia, certifying a document's authenticity and authority. If the wax seal was broken, it was apparent that the contents may have been read prior to the recipient. Today the tradition is kept alive through handwritten letters, wedding invitation, and note cards to make your correspondence stand above the rest.
- Pure brass head.
- Marian McEvoy's
(aka Gust the Poodle) 10 point star is engraved into the brass to create the relief.
- Wooden handle.
- Seal measures 1" (25mm) in diameter.
- Includes 2 black wax sticks. Simply light and let the wax drip on the back envelope flap enough to create a 'pool.' Press the seal into the wax and let sit for 30-45 seconds, or until the wax hardens. Gently pry seal away from wax.
- Includes a box of Mr. P's matches.
- Contents ship in a cotton-muslin drawcord pouch.
- Wax seals are not returnable, for any reason other than by mistake on our part.
Did you know that you can now order any theme with Menu Cards and Buffet Tags that coordinate with your place cards!